Thursday, April 23, 2009

More Paducah: Caryl Bryer Fallert

Caryl Bryer Fallert opened her studio to the public during the show. I love her work and it was incredibly neat to see her work space. It also made me think about quilting in a new way. The show in general exploded my thinking about quilting and fiberart. It, of course, gave me new ideas for quilts. Looking at quilts and anything to do with fabric and fiber always starts my mind racing ahead with things to try and ways to solve problems.

But being immersed in all things quilty encouraged me to take quilting and creativity in general more seriously. Fallert creates, teaches and lives her commitment to her art and she is a three-time prize winner but it was great to see lots of other folks, with maybe less exalted abilities also mange to make their way in the creative world.
IMG_0409v2
Feather Study #30 by Caryl Bryer Fallert. Winner of 2009 AQS Machine Workmanship Award, Wall Quilt
IMG_0410
Detail.
IMG_0413v2
The back. Beautiful.

No comments: